[Corpora-List] Numpties and bennies: Google searches as linguistic evidence

Roger Shlomo Harris rwsh at nationalfinder.com
Thu Dec 7 16:44:25 UTC 2006

Thursday 7th December 2006. London, U.K.

Dear All

Ramesh Krishnamurthy wrote:

>>> and most hits for contrapunctual were from music texts.

That's surprising. Contrapunctual suggests music which is played erratically
so that notes are played too early or too late - that's how I play the piano
after drinking too much beer. Ramesh, of course, meant to write contrapuntal
which is a genuine music term but he was just testing to see whether we were
asleep.

Kind regards,

Roger.
(who periodically moonlights as a proof-reader.)