[Corpora-List] Malay Corpus

Syed Abdul Rahman sar_upm at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 04:44:04 UTC 2006

  Dear All and especially Eric Atwell,

 Thanks for remind me on the compilation of the Malay Corpora list.

 Here is the list of Malay corpora developer that I have received from the members of CORPORA mailing list:

          Name
         Organization
         Email and webpage

             Rusli Abdul Ghani
         Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka,    Malaysia
         rusli at dbp.gov.my
             Prof. Dr   Zuraidah Mohd Don
         University Malaya,    Malaysia
         zuraida at um.edu.my
             Gerry Knowles
         University of     Lancaster, UK
         g.knowles at lancaster.ac.uk
   http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/staff/gerry/gerry.htm
             Adam Kilgarriff
         University of     Brighton, UK
         adam at lexmasterclass.com
   http://www.itri.brighton.ac.uk/~Adam.Kilgarriff/
   (http://www.sketchengine.co.uk )
   http://www.lexmasterclass.com

Malay Concordance project

         Australian    National University

http://online.anu.edu.au/asianstudies/ahcen/proudfoot/MCP/

Informed by : arko Tadic, Associate Professor

Head of the Department of Linguistics

Faculty of Philosophy, University of Zagreb

Ivana Lucica 3, HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia

tel. +385 1 6120-142, 6120-045

fax. +385 1 6156-879

personal homepage: www.hnk.ffzg.hr/mt/

             Bali RANAIVO-MALANÇN
         University Science of Malaysia,   Malaysia

ranaivo at cs.usm.my

http://utmk.cs.usm.my/content/staff/ranaivo.htm

             Thanks to All of You.
     Kind regards,
     SYED

Eric Atwell <eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk> wrote: Syed,

try contacting Bali RANAIVO-MALANÇN
and Gerry Knowles , I beleive they have
developed Malay corpora

If you get other replies, please psot a summary back to the CORPORA list
for the benefit of others interested in malay corpus linguistics; thanks

Eric Atwell, Leeds University

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Syed Abdul Rahman wrote:

>  Dear All,
>
> Do you know any information about Malay corpus? Malay language is a language used by people around Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore and some part of Philippine.
>
> Thanks in advanced for your reply.
>
> Regards,
>
> SYED

> Yahoo! Mail

Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Language research group, School of Computing,
Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT, England
TEL: +44-113-2335430  FAX: +44-113-2335468  http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric