[Corpora-List] Re: Looking for Automatic POS Tagging Software

Lam Yuen Wing, Peter ywlam at kcrc.com
Thu Jan 5 01:20:59 UTC 2006

Dear list members,

I'm looking for automatic POS tagging software for my research. Searches
in internet often show literature about how to improve the accuracy and
effectiveness of tagging programmes and about the algorithms used for
tagging but not software that is available in the market. CLAWS is
commonly used software but the problem is that it runs on UNIX, of which
I have no knowledge.

I would be grateful to anyone who could give me pointers on relevant
software that is available in the market or on any relevant websites.
The most suitable software for me should be user-friendly, able to
produce reasonably accurate results, able to run on Windows and able to
tag words with subclassification, e.g. to tag adjectives as predicates,
attributes, superlatives, participles, etc.

Best
Peter Lam
PhD Student
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

"KCRC - Better connections; better services"

This email and any attachment to it may contain confidential or proprietary information that are intended solely for the person / entity to whom it was originally addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distributing or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses.  The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this message which arise as a result of transmission over the Internet.

No opinions contained herein shall be construed as being a formal disclosure or commitment of the Kowloon-Canton Railway Corporation unless specifically so stated.