[Corpora-List] job opening: Computational Linguist

Michael Osofsky mjosofsky at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jan 24 00:56:36 UTC 2006

JOB TITLE: Computational Linguist
LOCATION: Mountain View, CA

We are looking for a battle-tested software engineer with experience in Natural Language Processing. The ideal candidate will have experience creatively applying clever technical tools across domains in original and innovative ways and will want to build on our exciting patent-pending technology. The word 'insight' means something to you. The candidate will not be committed to any linguistic or theoretical ideology (statistical vs. symbolic, different grammar formalisms) but instead will be comfortable and experienced with multidisciplinary work and place the highest priority on building practical, high-performance products to put in our customer's hands. Ideally, the candidate will be enthusiastic to take a leadership role and drive ideas from conception to product. We are a stealth-mode startup in Mountain View, California and we have customers, revenue, and funding.

QUALIFICATIONS:
-8+ years commercial experience in software engineering
-Startup mentality (proactive, optimistic, flexible and willing to be extremely hands-on)
-Experience with Internet-scale NLP applications
-Demonstrated leadership ability and strong teamwork and communication skills
-High degree of integrity, passion and drive
-MS in Computer Science or Linguistics, PhD preferred
-Natural sciences background or patent-holder desired

Compensation includes stock options and benefits include medical and dental. Please submit resume and cover letter via email to mjosofsky at alum.mit.edu with the subject of Computational Linguist.

KEYWORDS:
o Computational Linguistics
o Natural Language Processing (NLP)