[Corpora-List] CALL FOR PAPERS: Dictionary Society of North America

Erin McKean editor at verbatimmag.com
Fri Jul 28 15:49:59 UTC 2006

Dear Corpora-L,

The Dictionary Society of North America is planning its sixteenth
biennial meeting in Chicago, at the University of Chicago, June 13-16 2007.

We would very much like to have a special session on corpora and the use
of dictionaries in corpus linguistics, computational linguistics, and NLP.

Below is our call for papers; we would be especially interested in the
following topics:

--building corpora for dictionary-making
--problems in using commercial dictionaries for research
--what do NLP and CL researchers want in a dictionary?

etc.

Please do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions. The
conference is a small (~125) and highly congenial one, and includes
commercial lexicographers, scholarly lexicographers, academics, and more
than a few just plain enthusiasts.

Abstracts are due Jan 2, 2007.

Erin McKean

Dictionary Society of North America
CALL FOR PAPERS

DSNA XVI
University of Chicago, June 13–16, 2007

The next DSNA Biennial meeting will be held June 13–16, 2007, in
Chicago, in at the University of Chicago.  Abstracts for DSNA 2007 are
due January 2, 2007. We invite interested participants to submit
one-page abstracts for 20 minute papers on any aspect of dictionaries or
lexicography.  Submissions will be processed for anonymous review.
Please submit abstracts of your papers to editor at verbatimmag.com and
include the following:

Your name, institutional affiliation, paper title, complete mailing and
e-mail addresses, phone and fax numbers.

On the subject line of your email type: DSNA16 Abstract

If you have any AV needs please indicate what they are at the bottom of
your abstract.

Abstracts can be submitted as Word, WordPerfect, or .txt attachments or
in the body of the email.

All selected abstracts will be printed in the conference handbook.

Receipt of abstracts will be confirmed. (If, in the unlikely event you
receive a bounce message indicating your email was rejected, you can
resubmit to erin at logocracy.com.)

To submit abstracts by mail, please send to Erin McKean, 4907 N.
Washtenaw Ave, Chicago IL 60625.