[Corpora-List] GEvTerm beta test help request 1

Marc Carmen marc.carmen at gmail.com
Wed May 10 00:58:44 UTC 2006

Hi all Corpora List members!

GEvTerm is an initiative that hopes to become a place for a world-wide
Internet community to submit and provide solutions to linguistic
frustrations.  Currently the software is in early beta testing and we need
your help.  As many of you may know, the developers and people that work
most closely with software are the worst people to test the software.  Somehow
we always seem to miss the bugs that others run into.

Currently, one piece of the GEvTerm Initiative is available for use and
testing.  That sub-project is called Food Name Variation or FooNaVar.  The
goal of this project is to develop a database of a multitude of food items
with names in various languages and to look at the variation of food names,
like hot cakes vs. flap jacks vs. pancakes, within one language.  Using your
feedback on usability, errors, and your other comments and suggestions we
will modify the FooNaVar software.  Then when we feel we have FooNaVar
stable and useable we will build on it as the model for the rest of the
GEvTerm initiative.
We will begin a 24 hour world wide beta test on Wednesday May 10th, 2006 at
00:00:00 UTC (GMT).  On May 10th, 2006 23:59:59 UTC (GMT) we will
temporarily take down the site so that we can process your comments and
begin making updates and changes.  Your help and input are greatly
appreciated.  To begin beta testing the site go to http://www.gevterm.org
This page contains information about the project and a link to the latest
version of the web site (http://www.ltacglobal.org/gevterm)

There are several ways to communicate with us.
1) A comment submission page located at
http://ltacglobal.org/gevterm/reportError.php
2) Via email to gevterm at ltacglobal.org
3) A contact page located at http://gevterm.org/contactus.php

There is also a link on the bottom of most pages of the website that
reads "Report
an error or make a suggestion" and links to the comment submission page
mentioned previously. This is the most efficient way of giving us feedback

Thank you again for your help and your feedback
--
Thanks,
Marc Carmen
marc.carmen at gmail.com