[Corpora-List] history of corpus linguistics

Ute Römer ute.roemer at engsem.uni-hannover.de
Sat Jan 6 15:39:25 UTC 2007

Dear Ronald and others,

There is a piece by Wolfgang Teubert entitled "A brief history of corpus
linguistics" which you may find useful in Halliday et al.'s (2004)
Lexicology and Corpus Linguistics textbook (part of ch. 3; published with
Continuum). And then Elena Tognini Bonelli and John Sinclair have a relevant
article in Elsevier's Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics (2nd edition,
2005/6?, ed-in-chief Keith Brown).

Happy New Year and best wishes... Ute

Dr. Ute Römer
English Department
Leibniz University of Hanover
Königsworther Platz 1
30167 Hannover
Germany

Phone: +49 (0)511 762 2997
Fax: +49 (0)511 762 2996
Please note NEW e-mail address: ute.roemer at engsem.uni-hannover.de
http://www.uteroemer.com
http://www.fbls.uni-hannover.de/angli/
Conference website: "Exploring the Lexis-Grammar Interface" (ELeGI, 5-7
October 2006) http://www.elegi-2006.com