[Corpora-List] Looking for Packages/Tools for drawing Dependency Trees in LaTeX

Gerlof Bouma gerlof at let.rug.nl
Sat Jan 13 11:11:56 UTC 2007

Dear Devi,

You could use a general purpose diagramming package like xypic directly. I
use xypic's xymatrix environment to draw graphs with crossing branches
and multiple daughters,  like some dependency trees have.

However the learning curve may be a bit steep because of all the
possibilities, and I find the documentation is, uhm, complicated at times.
Getting things to come out as you want may take a fair bit of tweaking.
But the end result is good.

XY-pic:
http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~ross/Xy-pic.html

It is really stuff you want to do at a higher level. Ralf Vogel's xyling
uses xy, but I do not know whether it will draw crossing branches.

XY-ling:
http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~rvogel/latexling/

best,
/Gerlof

--
Gerlof Bouma
Center for Language and Cognition (CLCG)