[Corpora-List] audio recordings of doctor-patient consultations

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 12:21:37 UTC 2007

Hi Harold,

Jenny Thomas and Andrew Wilson reported on a 2-million-word corpus of
doctor-patient interaction in

Thomas J and Wilson A. Methodologies for studying a corpus of
doctor-patient interaction. In J. Thomas and M. Short (eds) Using
corpora for language research. Longman, London, pp 92-109, 1996.

You'll have to ask them if they still have the audio recordings...
(and whether you can use them!)

good luck

Eric Atwell, Leeds University

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Harold Somers wrote:

> Does anyone know where I might get hold of audio recordings of doctor-patient dialogues. There are a few in the BNC, though I'd be surprised if they have kept the original tapes (I have asked them ... waiting for a reply). Can anyone suggest any other avenues?

Eric Atwell,
Senior Lecturer, Language research group leader, School of Computing,
Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT, England
TEL: +44-113-3435430  FAX: +44-113-3435468  http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric