[Corpora-List] audio recordings of doctor-patient consultations

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Thu Jan 25 14:38:41 UTC 2007

Harold,
Painful story of the audio material from the BNC is that it is gathering
dust in a set of boxes in the basement of the British Library.  The labeling
of the tapes bears an extremely circuitous relation to any other
documentation of the BNC that you are likely to be able to find, so there is
little point in requesting the tapes relating to, eg, BNC file KS3.
Confidentiality considerations make it unlikely that they will ever be made
usefully accessible. (I looked into it a few years ago.)

Adam