[Corpora-List] Re: Current state of the art of POS tagging/evaluation?

Peter Halacsy peter at halacsy.com
Fri May 4 12:32:10 UTC 2007

Yannick Versley wrote:
>> FreeLing
>> http://www.lsi.upc.edu/~nlp/freeling/
>>
>> TnT
>> http://www.coli.uni-saarland.de/~thorsten/tnt/
>>
>> As far as I know, they are top-performing taggers as well, and I seem
>> to remember that FreeLing is Open Source.

> TnT has recently been open-sourced.

Where can I find any source code? On the website you can read

"TnT is subject to a license agreement which is free of charge for
non-commercial research purposes. Please see the license agreement. Fill
in the form and fax it to +1-815-846-0652 (in the United States) and I
will send you the details of downloading the program, parameter files
(language models) and documentation."

I ask it, because we've just submitted a paper  about  our open source
reimplementation of TnT (ACL 07). (Today is the deadline of camera ready
version, so I should rewrite the paper if you are right.)

peter