[Corpora-List] How the IE can be used in practical application?

han xianpei hanxianpei at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:10:12 UTC 2007

 <http://www.cs.sfu.ca/%7Eester/ICDM2003/Feldman.abstract.htm>
Hi, everyone:

Information Extraction have many tasks that are defined fine, such as NER,
Relation, Coreference, TOPIC, Event, Opinion, etc.
But how these tasks can be used in practical application? I find it is hard
to find some practical applications where the IE technique plays a key role.

Can anyone tell me some such applications, or some idea how these techniques
can be used to provide some useful services?

xphan
2007-11-16