[Corpora-List] Typology of Internet textual genres

Ana Rita Remígio anaritaremigio at ua.pt
Mon Nov 19 14:49:35 UTC 2007

Dear all,

Thank you so much for all your help on this hard question of Internet
Genres.
As far as I could notice, though it is a recent area of research, or at
least, at an early stage, much has been written about it and some good
points/conclusions can be found.
I am aware of the fact that it is humanly impossible to have identified all
existing genres, specially because things change very fast in the internet.
And things are not black and  white.
Marina Santini made some very interesting points and I hope I don't come to
classifiy some documents as <undetermined>...
The idea of having a 'microgenre' can be interesting as well. Or we may even
think in terms of 'prototype genres'...

All the best,
Ana