[Corpora-List] medication pronunciations

Alexander Yeh asy at mitre.org
Tue Apr 1 08:39:47 UTC 2008

Emiliano Guevara wrote:

> Dear James, if you really think that I, as a member of this list,
> don't have the right to ask you for moderation, please start a
> separate discussion thread on that  topic and find what other members
> think about it. I am totally sure that I can do it.
>
> And dear James, calling this "flaming" is completely absurd. You are
> now defending off-topic threads that have nothing to do with corpora
> or corpus linguistics. Remember this list is called "Corpora", and
> not anything near "Say what you think about my favourite difficult
> issue in language".

As I read it (copy of the message is below), James is not calling what
you are writing as "flaming".

Rather, his comment seems to be that just about every message ever
written will probably end up in a corpus at some point,
so every "flaming" message written by anybody will probably be preserved
forever in some corpus.

Anyway, that is how his message seems to read to me.
Thanks
-Alex