[Corpora-List] Data-Driven Learning materials

Alex Boulton Alex.Boulton at univ-nancy2.fr
Wed Apr 9 09:55:30 UTC 2008

Dear all

I'm trying to compile a list of published DDL materials for (L2)
language learning -- not materials which are simply corpus-informed
(from native-speaker or learner corpora), but where learners actually
come into contact with corpus data.

I'm particularly interested in *books, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMS or internet
sites* which are either wholly given over to DDL or which integrate DDL
activities in part -- anything which shows publishers have shown an
interest in DDL materials. (eg Tribble & Jones Concordances in the
Classroom; Barlow & Burdine Phrasal Verbs in Business / American Phrasal
Verbs; Thurston & Candlin Exploring Academic English; LingoNet
VideoCorpus; etc.)

While I'm mainly concerned with published materials, I'd also be
interested in any links to other DDL resources which individuals or
groups may have produced but not published, especially on-line -- again,
not corpora, tools or interfaces on their own, but activities explicitly
based on corpora. (eg Tim Johns' Virtual DDL Library / Kibbitzing
One-to-Ones; Estling Vannestål & Lindquist's Corpora in Grammar
Teaching; ICT4LT; etc.)

The above examples are inevitable English-oriented, but materials in or
about other languages would be more than welcome.

I will of course post results to Corpora List, but I'd also like to
create a web page which lists them as a complement to Tim Johns'
data-driven learning page (last revised 06/02/97), and review as many as
possible. I'd be grateful also then for URLs and references to published
reviews and descriptions... or even free samples if you have them!

Thanks in advance
alex
--

*                                                                  Alex
Boulton*

                                                                Nancy
Université

boulton at univ-nancy2.fr <mailto:boulton at univ-nancy2.fr>

CRAPEL---ATILF/CNRS
ERUDI

Tél :
03.83.96.71.30
Tél : 03.83.96.84.44

Fax :
03.83.96.71.32
Fax : 03.83.96.84.49

http://www.univ-nancy2.fr/CRAPEL/
http://www.univ-nancy2.fr/erudi

*                     Tous les articles des /Mélanges CRAPEL/ sont
disponibles
                                      gratuitement en ligne sous format
pdf :*

http://revues.univ-nancy2.fr/melangesCrapel/