[Corpora-List] Context-free grammar simulator

Lluis Padro padro at lsi.upc.edu
Thu Apr 10 09:12:57 UTC 2008

En/na stefano federici ha escrit:
> Dear collegues,
> I would like to be able to show to my students how a context-free
> grammar does work. I don't need an optimized parser for
> context-free grammars, but I guess an applet with graphics or similar
> simulator (best if opensource) would do the trick.

  You can check out FreeLing (http://www.lsi.upc.edu/~freeling)

  It's an open source language analysis suite which includes a chart
parser, which is run on the output of a PoS tagger.
  You can write your own grammar and provide it as a parameter to the
analyzer.
  Currently, PoS tagging for Spanish, English, Italian, Catalan and
Galician is available, so you can write grammars for any of these languages.

*Lluís Padró*
Despatx Ω-S112
Campus Nord UPC
C/ Jordi Girona 1-3
08034 Barcelona, Spain 	Tel: +34 934 134 015
Fax: +34 934 137 833
padro at lsi.upc.edu <mailto:padro at lsi.upc.es>
www.lsi.upc.edu/~padro <http://www.lsi.upc.es/%7Epadro>
UNIVERSITAT POLITÈCNICA DE CATALUNYA