[Corpora-List] Context-free grammar simulator

John F. Sowa sowa at bestweb.net
Thu Apr 10 11:32:56 UTC 2008

Eric,

Perhaps the new Google App Engine could be adapted to do that:

 > This *should* work, but the graphics use python linked to a C API
 > so if it doesnt work it may be because you have the wrong version
 > of python/C ... I agree that ideally a web-browser applet would
 > be ideal for demos as totally platform-independent.

Google's new application server (App Engine) can run Python programs
in a server, which can receive input from and send output to a browser:

    http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/whatisgoogleappengine.html
    What Is Google App Engine? - Google App Engine - Google Code

The language that Google currently supports is Python.  Furthermore,
they also have a stand-alone SDK, which can run locally on any computer
(Linux, Mac, or Windows) and serve a browser on the same machine through
port 8080.

The App Engine was just announced recently, and I haven't yet tried it.
But it seems general enough to support the NLTK Python code (with,
of course, appropriate modifications to read input and write output
via the Google SDK).

John Sowa