[Corpora-List] Precision and Recall

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Fri Apr 18 09:08:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Martin Reynaert <reynaert at uvt.nl> wrote:

> The classical reference is from Information Retrieval. It is an
> instructive read.
>
> @Book{Rijsbergen-75,    author = {C. J. van Rijsbergen},
>    title = {Information Retrieval},   year = {1975},
>    publisher = {Butterworths},    address = {London}
> }

And if you can navigate the web site of the Computer Science department of
Glasgow University you should find a copy of that first edition on line.

You might also consider Witten, Moffat and Bell's "Managing Gigabytes"

@book(WMB1999,
   author={Witten, I, A Moffat and T Bell},
   title={Managing Gigabytes},
   edition={Second},
   publisher={Morgan Kauffman},
   address={San Francisco, CA},
   year={1999},
   ISBN={1-55860-570-3}
}

But like van Rijsbergern's this is a general text on text retrieval not on
corpus retievel.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!