[Corpora-List] Precision and Recall

Paul Clough p.d.clough at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri Apr 18 10:11:19 UTC 2008

There's also an excellent summary of evaluation measures (for IR) in this new
book:

Search Engines: Information Retrieval in Practice. Books. Croft, W. B., Metzler,
D. and Strohman, T., Pearson Education (expected 2009).

Fortunately you can download the evaluation chapter as one of the samples here:

http://www.pearsonhighered.com/croft1epreview/samples.html

Paul.

Dr. Paul Clough (Lecturer in Information Systems)

Department of Information Studies
University of Sheffield
Regent Court
Sheffield S1 4DP