[Corpora-List] Converting Penn Treebank into Dependency Parse

Jordan Boyd-Graber jbg at Princeton.EDU
Sun Apr 20 17:19:14 UTC 2008

Hi all,

We need a ground truth for a dependency parser, and it seems like the
obvious thing to do is to use the Penn Treebank (we have version
three).  While in theory I know how to convert the Penn Treebank to a
dependency form, I imagine this is something that has been done
countless times before.  Does anyone have code lying around that is
specifically designed for this corpus?

Thanks,

Jordan

P.S. I've been lurking here for a while, and it seems like this is as
good a place as any to ask this question.  If that's not the case, I
apologize, and I'd appreciate pointers to a more appropriate venue.

Jordan Boyd-Graber
Princeton University Department of Computer Science
35 Olden Street, Office #415
Princeton, NJ 08544