[Corpora-List] Boot camp for corpus linguistics?

ekerbler at wu-wien.ac.at ekerbler at wu-wien.ac.at
Tue Apr 29 14:42:49 UTC 2008

Shekhar,

I think the following could be useful for newbies - but there's far
more out there...

?	McEnery, A. M. and Xiao, R. Z. and Tono, Y. (2005) Corpus-based
Language Studies: An advanced resource book.
http://bowland-files.lancs.ac.uk/corplang/cbls/

?	Adolphs, S. (2006) Introducing Electronic Text Analysis. Abingdon
and New York: Routledge.

?	Teubert, W. & Cermáková, A. (2007): Corpus Linguistics, Continuum.

?	Baker, P., Hardie, A. & McEnery, A.(2006): A Glossary of Corpus
Linguistics. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.

?	International Journal of Corpus Linguistics
http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_seriesview.cgi?series=Ijcl

?	Scott, Mike (2005): Textual patterns: key words and corpus analysis
in language education.

?	Tognini-Bonelli, Elena (2001): Corpus linguistics at work.

?	a collection of key texts in the field: Wolfgang Teubert & Ramesh
Krishnamurthy, ed. (2007): Corpus Linguistics.
http://www.routledgelanguages.com/books/Corpus-Linguistics-isbn9780415338950

?	and, of course, John Sinclair?s work!!!

http://bowland-files.lancs.ac.uk/monkey/ihe/linguistics/contents.htm

http://www.uteroemer.com

http://www.corpus-linguistics.de/

For courses I can recommend the Tuscan Word Centre.

All the best,
Eva