[Corpora-List] announcing JeuxDeMots web site

Emiliano Guevara emiliano.guevara at unibo.it
Mon Jan 14 10:35:36 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Just a reminder for those who may not know it, the same idea (getting
human agents to provide useful information while playing) underlies
the ESP Game by Luis von Ahn (Carnegie Mellon University):

http://www.espgame.org/

though the provided info is used to label images, and not to gather
lexical data.
Here's a detailed video presentation on the system by L. von Ahn:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8246463980976635143

E.

On 13 Jan 2008, at 21:44, Mathieu Lafourcade wrote:

> could you forward this announcement?
> thank you very much in advance
>
> best regards,
> Mathieu Lafourcade
>

> --------------------
> Dear all,
>
> You are being bored between the writing of two papers, between two
> lectures, or two research contracts applications?
>
> It is time for you, to have fun with words.
>
> For that, you can go to
>

> http://www.lirmm.fr/jeuxdemots-english/
>

> You will find a game where you can confront your knowledge of the
> English language to other people.
>
> FOR SCEPTICS AND MORE SERIOULY
>
> This web site has been developed by me, Mathieu Lafourcade (with
> the help of many people, thanks to them), in order to experiment
> concretely a simple idea: collecting lexical information from games
> played by humans (in more pompous terms, we would say
> "experimenting possibilities of human computation applied to the
> learning of lexical data"). Your answers, allows us when we detec
> an agreement between then, to infer some amount of lexical
> knowledge, that we are lacking. On the French version ( http://
> www.lirmm.fr/jeuxdemots), where more than 400 persons registered,
> some of them playing very regurlarly, the activity allows us to
> think that the underlying idea may not be as stupid as it may
> appear...
>
> We would be very pleased to count you among the players of
> JeuxDeMots-English, even more pleased if you find some interest in
> playing some time, and absolutly delighted if you could share with
> us your ideas and remarks on this subject.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mathieu Lafourcade, LIRMM, Université Montpellier II, France
> Gilles Sérasset, GETALP-LIG, Université Grenoble I, France
>

> --
> Mathieu Lafourcade
> Maître de Conférence à L'Université Montpellier 2 - LIRMM - Equipe TAL
> 161, rue ADA  -  F-34392 Montpellier Cedex 5
> 33 (0)4 67 41 85 71 -- 33 (0)6 09 57 25 91
> mathieu.lafourcade at lirmm.fr
> http://www.lirmm.fr/jeuxdemots
> http://www.lirmm.fr/jeuxdemots/world-of-jeuxdemots.php
>

> --
> Mathieu Lafourcade
> Maître de Conférence à L'Université Montpellier 2 - LIRMM - Equipe TAL
> 161, rue ADA  -  F-34392 Montpellier Cedex 5
> 33 (0)4 67 41 85 71 -- 33 (0)6 09 57 25 91
> mathieu.lafourcade at lirmm.fr
> http://www.lirmm.fr/jeuxdemots
> http://www.lirmm.fr/jeuxdemots/world-of-jeuxdemots.php

Emiliano R. Guevara
Facoltà di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
Dip. di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
Università di Bologna
Via Cartoleria 5 (40124) Bologna, Italia

Homepage: http://morbo.lingue.unibo.it/

E-mail:   emiliano.guevara at unibo.it
           emiguevara at gmail.com