[Corpora-List] CFP: AAAI Workshop on What Went Wrong and Why

Sean C Lynch Painting sclynchpainting at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 22:54:14 UTC 2008

PLEEEEEASE TAKE ME OFF YOUR EMAIL LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  PLEEEEEASE TAKE ME OFF YOUR EMAIL LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  PLEEEEEASE TAKE ME OFF YOUR EMAIL LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  PLEEEEEASE TAKE ME OFF YOUR EMAIL LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  PLEEEEEASE TAKE ME OFF YOUR EMAIL LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  PLEEEEEASE TAKE ME OFF YOUR EMAIL LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Kevin B. Cohen" <kevin.cohen at gmail.com> wrote:
  There will also be a workshop on software testing, engineering, and
quality assurance at ACL 2008 this year. Watch this space for the
CFP.

Kevin

On Jan 21, 2008 7:26 PM, wrote:

> [...]
> Tactical (research area) and Execution (project or implementation) levels.
> An additional category turned out to be the study of how, why and when
> failures occur in the first place.
>
> The second workshop will continue our analysis of failures in research. In
> addition to examining the links between failure and insight, we would like
> to determine if there is a hidden structure behind our tendency to make
> mistakes that can be utilized to provide guidance in research.
>
> As such, we invite researchers to submit papers (8 pages in AAAI format)
> connecting problems they have encountered to lessons learned on the tactical
> or execution level. We would also welcome papers on the study of failures
> themselves. We encourage authors to elaborate on what they believe was the
> source cause of the failure, how the problem helped them arrive at a better
> solution, and to suggest a broader categorization of failures and how to
> utilize them. Papers should be submitted to
> submission at whatwentwrongandwhy.org
>
> Important Dates
> * Submissions Due: April 7, 2008
> * Notifications: April 21, 2008
> * Final Papers Due: May 5, 2008
> * Workshop: July 13 or 14, 2008 (TBA) in Chicago at AAAI 2008
>

> Chairs: Mehmet H. Göker and Daniel Shapiro
> Mehmet H. Göker, PricewaterhouseCoopers, CAR, (mehmet.goker at us.pwc.com)
> Daniel Shapiro, CSLI/Stanford University, & Applied Reactivity, Inc.
> (dgs at stanford.edu)
>
> Program Committee
>
> David Aha (Naval Research Laboratory)
> Ralph Bergmann (Universität Trier, Lehrstuhl für Wirtschaftsinformatik II)
> Carl Hewitt (MIT EECS - emeritus)
> Jean-Gabriel Ganascia (University Pierre et Marie Curie, LIP6)
> David Leake (Indiana University, Computer Science Department)
> Doug Lenat (Cycorp Inc.)
> Ramon Lopez de Mantaras (CSIC Artificial Intelligence Research Institute)
> Edwina Rissland (University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Computer
> Science)
> Ted Senator (SAIC)

> [1] Shapiro, D., Göker, M. (eds.), 'What Went Wrong and Why: Lessons
> From AI Research and Applications', Papers from the AAAI Spring Symposium,
> March 27-29, 2006, Stanford, CA. Technical Report SS-06-08, AAAI Press,
> Menlo Park, 2006.
>
> [2] A. Abdecker, R. Alami, C Baral, T. Bickmore, E. Durfee, T. Fong,
> M. Göker, N. Green, M. Liberman, C. Lebiere, J. Martin, G. Mentzas, D.
> Musliner, N. Nicolov, I. Nourbakhsh, F. Salvetti, D. Shapiro, D.
> Schreckenghost, A. Sheth, L. Stojanovic, V. SunSpiral, R. Wray, "AAAI Spring
> Symposium Reports" , AI Magazine, VOl 27, Nr. 3, Fall 2006, pp. 107-112,
> American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), Menlo Park, 2006
>
> [3] Shapiro, D. Göker, M. (eds.), 'Special Issue on What Went Wrong
> and Why", AI Magazine, Vol. 29, Number 2, Summer 2008 (to appear)

> computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability

K. B. Cohen
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead
Center for Computational Pharmacology
303-916-2417 (cell) 303-377-9194 (home)