[Corpora-List] Selection criterias for choosing POS-tagger

omar trigui trigui.omar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:01:33 UTC 2008

Hello,

I work on the generation of star schema diagrams (data warehouse) from
analytical requirements written in English.
I prepared a grammar to guide the decision maker in writing its analytical
requirements and I want to develop a component to check if these
requirements are written in conformity with the grammar which I developed.
My idea is to use a pos tagger to tag each word in the requirement
specification and then  check if the result of tagging is in agreement with
the grammar.
In the literature I found several POS tagger (qtag, stanford pos tagger…)
and several approaches…
My question is there somebody who can help me to:
(1) choose the POS tagger which is appropriate to my context
(2) guide me or give me some guidelines in justifying this choice.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Fahmi bargui
Phd-student
MIR at CL laboratory, TUNISIA.