[Corpora-List] Sentence similarity

Diana Inkpen diana at site.uottawa.ca
Wed Apr 1 01:56:16 UTC 2009

There is a data set of sentence with similarity scores produced by human
judges, available at
http://www.docm.mmu.ac.uk/STAFF/D.McLean/SentenceResults.htm
The reference is:
Y. Li, D. McLean, Z. Bandar, J. O'Shea, and K. Crockett, "Sentence
Similarity Based on Semantic Nets and Corpus Statistics," IEEE Trans.
Knowledge and Data Eng., vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1138-1149, Aug. 2006.

  Diana

hamed wrote:
> /Dear Corpra members
>
> I have developed a system to measure similarity between sentences.
> but  I do not know how to evaluate it? I'm looking for a
> sentence-similarity corpus, i.e., a collection of/
>  /sentences with manually assigned similarities to other sentences.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Hamed Khanpour
>
> Computer science student
>

> /

Diana Inkpen
Associate Professor, PhD, PEng
University of Ottawa / School of Information Technology and Engineering
800 King Edward, Ottawa, ON, Canada, K1N 6N5
http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~diana
tel: 613-562-5800 ext. 6711