[Corpora-List] english lexicon

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Apr 2 22:07:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Tine Lassen wrote:
> I am looking for a - preferably - freely available lexicon of English
> words and their inflectional forms.

Back in the early 90s, SIL released a program called PC-KIMMO.  It was a
two level morphological transducer.  IIRC, it came with a reasonable
size lexicon; and if you ran it in generate mode, it would presumably
output a list of all inflected forms of all the words in that lexicon.
And it should be easy to add more words to the lexicon.

The C source code for PC-KIMMO is stil available for free:
    http://www.sil.org/pckimmo/
and I'm pretty sure it runs under Linux.
--
    Mike Maxwell
    What good is a universe without somebody around to look at it?