[Corpora-List] Decision tree : maximise recall over precision

Bonaventura Coppola coppola at disi.unitn.it
Thu Apr 23 16:11:29 UTC 2009

Hi Emmanuel,

the issue is managed in Weka via Cost Sensitive Classification
(see e.g. http://wekadocs.com/node/15), which allows you to provide
algorithms with a Cost Matrix expressing per-category penalties for
misclassified examples. I am not sure if you can instantiate a cost
sensitive classifier over any learning algorithm in Weka (and decision
trees in particular), but you might definitely want to check it.

Best,

Bc.