[Corpora-List] Decision tree : maximise recall over precision

Emmanuel Prochasson emmanuel.prochasson at univ-nantes.fr
Wed Apr 22 13:08:04 UTC 2009

Eric Atwell a écrit :
> Enmmanuel,
>
> Surely a good decision procedure is "JUST SAY NO!" - "only" 99.9%
> accurate! I wish PoS-taggers and other text annotation tools were as
> good!
>
> It sounds like you want to find out how to set a WEKA decision-tree
> builder to NOT prune any branches ... this question is better put to
> the WEKA mailing list wekalist at list.scms.waikato.ac.nz - see

Thank you very much for all your answer, I'm glad to see this matter is
of interest and that it does not seem to be straightforward (though, it
would have been convenient).

This is not exactly a weka-oriented question (it would have been if
there were a straightforward solution) though I'll seek for an answer,
or at least some clue on the mailing list.

I'll dig the question with all I gathered. Maybe it's very simple using
brute force or hacked algorithm, maybe it can be done with a formal,
theoretical-based modification to Decision Tree Learning algorithm. I'll
keep the list in touch of what I get.

Thank you very much,

--
Emmanuel Prochasson