[Corpora-List] Electronic thesauri for Slavic languages

Serge Sharoff s.sharoff at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 06:46:07 UTC 2009

Hi Dagmar,
an automatic thesaurus based on distributional similarity is pretty
reliable, but this depends on the purpose of its use.  We used one to
generate translation suggestions:
Babych, B., Hartley, A., Sharoff, S.; Mudraya, O. (2007) Assisting
Translators in Indirect Lexical Transfer. In Proc. of ACL, Prague, June,
2007, http://corpus.leeds.ac.uk/serge/publications/2007-ACL.pdf

Sharoff, S., Babych, B., Hartley, A. (2006) Using comparable corpora to
solve problems difficult for human translators. In Proc. of Joint
COLING-ACL, Sydney, July, 2006,
http://corpus.leeds.ac.uk/serge/publications/2006-coling-acl.pdf

Is this similar to your needs?
Serge