[Corpora-List] Distribution of errors in dictations

Ana Julia Perrotti-Garcia anajulia at corpuslg.org
Tue Mar 3 13:10:53 UTC 2009

Brett

your question reminded me of the altitude maps, that give us a quick idea about flat surfaces and mountains. What about creating a 4-color scale (green-yellow-orange-red)? Green could stand for error-free words that are followed by no error ; yellow  could stand for error-free words that are followed by an error; red could stand for error words that are followed by another error word, and so on (maybe it could have some more colors).
I really don't know if this is feasiblem but if it works, you 'll end with a visual scale that may help detecting word relations that number are not always able to show.

Kind regards,

Ana Julia Perrotti-Garcia
Translator of Dental and Medical Texts
Español > Português <> English
Proficiency in English (CPE) University of Cambridge UK
Visit our webpage at www.scientiavinces.com/ana/
São Paulo, Brazil