[Corpora-List] Distribution of mutual information?

Linas Vepstas linasvepstas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 16:45:31 UTC 2009

I've recently graphed the probability distribution below, its the
mutual information of word-pairs occurring in the same sentence.

I don't recognize the shape. What is it? It is not any of the standard
probability distributions, as far as I can tell. But surely, I am not
the first to observe this. It seems to have a fat tail, but that
doesn't concern me much; its the oddly mis-shapen nose at the top, and
the log-linear sides that have my interest.

I explain just a bit more at http://brainwave.opencog.org/ if that helps.

--linas