[Corpora-List] Dependecy parsers

Eckhard Bick eckhard.bick at mail.dk
Mon Oct 12 10:29:15 UTC 2009

Hello,

There are dependency parsers for several Romance and Germanic languages
at beta.visl.sdu.dk, among them both English (EngGram) and Portuguese
(PALAVRAS). However, these parsers are based on linguist-written rules,
and thus not what one would call trainable. Performance is thus not
limited by the existence and quality of training corpora, and can be
improved incrementally by adding more rules or refining existing ones.

Best regards,
Eckhard Bick

Ruben Reis wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I'm making a work about dependency parsers, and i would like to know
> the dependency parsers that exists, and which one is trainable with
> another language beside English, i.e. Portuguese (preferably :) ).
>
> I really would appreciate your help, so i can go on with my work.
>
> Thank you for your time!
> Ruben

Eckhard Bick,
cand.med., dr.phil.