[Corpora-List] Trainable constituency parsers

Yannick Versley versley at sfs.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Sep 8 09:29:55 UTC 2009

One that you should try is the BerkeleyParser:
http://code.google.com/p/berkeleyparser/

For a variety of languages, the latent-variable model works better than
head-lexicalized PCFGs.
It doesn't require a head table like Bikel's parser, but train/test split
is (or was, when I looked) hard-coded, so you still need to go in and tweak
some bits.

Best,
Yannick