[Corpora-List] text unit annotation

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 15:49:38 UTC 2010

Norton,

You might want to use an ensemble of tools--for example, LingPipe for
splitting sentences, Yamcha for splitting base phrases, and your own tool
for other arbitrary units that your user comes up with.

Kevin

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Norton Roman <nortontr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> Do you by any chance have ever come across some sort of text unit splitting
> tool? I's looking for something to help me out with defining units (e.g.
> clauses, sentences or anything the user comes up with) in a source text (it
> might be by adding some rules or by manually annotating the units).
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Norton

Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, PhD
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead, Center for Computational Pharmacology, U.
Colorado School of Medicine
and
Lead Artificial Intelligence Engineer, The MITRE Corporation, Human Language
Technology Division
303-916-2417 (cell) 303-377-9194 (home)
http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/Hunter_lab/Cohen