[Corpora-List] text unit annotation

Sabine Bartsch bartsch at linglit.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Jul 28 17:58:22 UTC 2010

Hi Norton,

you might want to look into GATE (http://gate.ac.uk/). It is a mature
and well-documented processing framework integrating lots of different
tools and plugins. The default ANNIE processing application already
comprises some of the things you're looking for and is preconfigured to
work out of the box.
For further options, look at the CREOLE plugins. You'll find that the
OpenNLP Tools as well as LingPipe and other tools serving your purposes
are already available in GATE.

Hope this helps,
Sabine

On 28.07.2010 17:06, Norton Roman wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> Do you by any chance have ever come across some sort of text unit
> splitting tool? I's looking for something to help me out with defining
> units (e.g. clauses, sentences or anything the user comes up with) in a
> source text (it might be by adding some rules or by manually annotating
> the units).
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Norton

Dr. Sabine Bartsch
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Institut für Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft
Hochschulstrasse 1       64289 Darmstadt
Fon: +49-6151-16 4570    Fax: +49-6151-16 3694
http://www.linglit.tu-darmstadt.de/index.php?id=bartsch