[Corpora-List] Word Alignment Tools

mohnish jadwani mohnishgj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:15:05 UTC 2010

Hi..

Respected Reader

I am looking for word alignment tools for Statistical evaluation of Parallel
Corpora.
I am dealing with bilingual English - Hindi text, and currently working on

   - *NATools* <http://linguateca.di.uminho.pt/natools/>
   - *Giza++* <http://www.fjoch.com/GIZA++.html>

Could you please suggest *any other tool* which is language independent and
which could aid *word alignment *for parallel Corpora Some tools are best
for certain languages; could you please tell me how true that is and, if so,
could you please provide an example of what would be better suited for Asian
languages like Hindi. Counter-example(s) of what one shouldn't use for such
languages are also welcome.

I have heard a bit about *Moses statistical machine translation
system*<http://stp.lingfil.uu.se/%7Ejoerg/uplug/>..
Could someone tell me if this is useful for my purpose. Any guidance/advice
on this would be really helpful.

Thank you..