[Corpora-List] Annotation layers: missing reference

Philippe Blache philippe.blache at lpl-aix.fr
Thu Nov 18 13:06:15 UTC 2010

Hi Karen,
I don't know whether the idea comes from there, but it belongs to the NXT data model:

J. Carletta, S. Evert, U. Heid, J. Kilgour, J. Robertson, H. Voormann
"The NITE XML Toolkit: Flexible annotation for multimodal language data"
Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, & Computers 2003, 35 (3), 353-363

Philippe

Le 18 nov. 2010 à 11:04, Karen Fort a écrit :

> Dear members,
>
> I'm looking for a reference on annotations layers.
> Can somebody tell me when the "idea" of annotation layers appeared?
>
> I suppose it came from the speech community, but I cannot find a clear reference on that.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Karën FORT
> Ingénieure / doctorante
> LIPN / INIST-CNRS
> France
> +33 3 83 50 46 36
>
> http://www-lipn.univ-paris13.fr/~fort/

Philippe Blache                     |  tel: +33 (0)442.95.57.21
LPL - Universite de Provence        |  fax: +33 (0)442.95.37.44
5 Avenue Pasteur, BP 80975          |
13604 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 1       |  email: blache at lpl-aix.fr
France                              |  http://www.lpl-aix.fr/~blache/