[Corpora-List] RE : Annotation layers: missing reference

John K Pate j.k.pate at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 12:58:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 13:30 +0100, FORT, Karen wrote:
> Yes, I know about most of those, thank you.
> But it seems to me it appeared long before that in linguistics (this is confirmed by several Emails I received about this question).
> As for NLP as such, the question seems more difficult to answer, but for now, I'd tend to think, like you do, that Bird & Liberman were the first to introduce it in the field, don't you think so?
>
> Thank you for the last reference, I did not know about it!

The BAS Partitur format [1] was first drafted in 1995, although the link
to the draft on that page appears to be dead.

John

[1] http://www.phonetik.uni-muenchen.de/forschung/Bas/BasFormatseng.html

==

John K Pate
Student, PhD Informatics
Informatics Forum 3.35
The University of Edinburgh
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/s0930006/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.