[Corpora-List] Query-By-Example (QBE) -like GUI to query corpora ...

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Tue Nov 30 02:40:09 UTC 2010

Albretch,

>  I think you have clearly stated it: parses and annotations, even if
> multiple and multi-layer, are still syntactic in the sense that we
> express and get to them by syntactic means

Well, of course, all annotations are somehow specified in a kind of formal
language. And every formal language comes with its syntax and its
semantics. OWL/RDF is just another set of formal languages, and they come
with a set of technologies that can be (ab)used for corpus querying, etc.
Nothing particularly "semantic" about it, except in the name of the
community that originally developed these formalisms.

Christian