[Corpora-List] thesis / internship in MT inquiry for a student speaking Polish (native) English, French, Spanish, and basic Swedish

Sandra Weiss sandre17 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 20:54:51 UTC 2010

**
 Dear Corpora members,

I am* a polish student* looking for *an internship related to Machine
Translation* that could be the base for my master thesis.
So far I have obtained a *BA in French and Spanish* at an english university
which involved a lot of translation between the 2 languages plus into
English.
(including a year of *french-spanish translation and vice-versa, also into
English* at a french university Jean Moulin 3 in Lyon).
I have taken *courses in Machine Translation* where worked mainly on
*pre-editing
and post-editing* of texts run through *MT engines *plus worked with
translation memory* WordFast.* I have also completed single courses in *General
Linguistics*.
I am now a second year student of *Language and Culture in Europe master
programme at the Linkoping's University in Sweden* plus I am in process of
learning *C language* and *Perl*.
I would like to work in the future in the feild of *MT* and that is why this
semester I am preparing myself to take up a *master thesis* next semester
hopefully *related to MT*.

*I am willing to take on any courses or training if required.*

Any help or information will be very appreciated,

kind regards,

*Sandra Weiss*
*Master student of Language and Culture in Europe*
*Linkoping, Sweden*
*tel: *0046760812503