[Corpora-List] PS:minimal changes in a paragraph (based on a corpus it appeared) ... (2nd attempt (after first one was deleted))

Angus Grieve-Smith grvsmth at panix.com
Wed Aug 10 12:56:54 UTC 2011

On 8/10/2011 5:07 AM, Graham White wrote:
> This may be straying a bit off topic (well, it already has strayed
> off topic), but there are two things that tell against this line of
> argument.
> i) Goedel was extremely interested in our own cognitive capacity: he had
> a very strong doctrine of mathematical intuition, for example. He wasn't
> just interested in formal systems for themselves, but as products of
> human cognitive abilities, because (I think) he was deeply interested
> in human cognitive abilities.

     He also had some pretty wild dreams.  My dad once saw him on a
train from Princeton to New York, and when the train pulled into Penn
Station, Gödel stayed in his seat, staring off into space until my dad
gently pointed out that the train had arrived.  Maybe he was thinking
about human cognitive abilities.

--
				-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
				grvsmth at panix.com