[Corpora-List] spoken italian corpora

Albert Gatt albert.gatt at um.edu.mt
Mon Aug 29 07:20:22 UTC 2011

Dear all

some time ago, I asked for pointers to corpora containing spoken Italian
conversation. I've received many useful pointers; many thanks to all who
responded! I've compiled a list of the resources people have pointed me to
below, in case it is useful to others:

1) CLIPS- freely available, telephone conversations and map tasks

2) LABLITA- C-ORAL-ROM can be purchased for 3,000 euros for non-members of
ELRA. 640,000 words of spontaneous speech, started in ’73 but is continually
updated (that is according to another source, but it is not stated in the
ELRA link ). http://catalog.elra.info/product_info.php?products_id=757

3) PIXI- consists of data which is collected primarily from the Umbria
region - it’s spontaneous conversation in Italian and English book stores
and the Italian component is of 300,000 words.
http://ota.ahds.ac.uk/headers/1372.xml

4) LIP- collected in 1990-1992:
http://www.parlaritaliano.it/index.php/en/volip

5) FIXED0IT DB1 – the outcome of an EU project, available against payment;
mostly read, some spontaneously spoken.
http://catalog.elra.info/product_info.php?products_id=185

6) AVIP – apparently freely available, with dialogues from Pisa, Naples,
etc. http://www.parlaritaliano.it/index.php/en/corpora/673-corpus-avip-api

Apart from this, Claus Putsch has passed on a list of the publicly available
corpora of (more or less spontaneous) spoken Italian, which he has made
available here:
http://www.romanistik.uni-freiburg.de/pusch/Download/corpora_survey.pdf

Albert Gatt
Institute of Linguistics
Centre for Communication Technology Rm 402B
University of Malta
Tal-Qroqq Msida MSD2080
Malta

tel: (+356) 2340 2150