[Corpora-List] Suffix Array server packages

Simon Carter s.c.carter at uva.nl
Wed Jun 22 09:06:00 UTC 2011

Dear Corpora list,

I was wandering if anyone here has any experience with multi-threaded suffix array distributions? I am currently using the SALM package http://tinyurl.com/3cropy5. I have a simple perl wrapper that loads it up and serves queries to it via the Expect package (tcl), however as soon I run a script using multiple forks, and so start serving multiple queries at a time; I run into problems. So I was wandering if anyone knows of any suffix array packages that would allow me to service multiple queries simultaneously (e.g via a server-client model).

Regards and thanks in advance.

Simon Carter
ISLA, Informatics Institute,
University of Amsterdam,