[Corpora-List] why LREC2012 NOT blind-reviewed?

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 10:29:02 UTC 2011

Thanks Ted - a very interesting article, and an interesting suggestion... :)

I know that some journals are now starting to publish 'the best of' compilations,
based on number of downloads...:

http://top25.sciencedirect.com/subject/arts-and-humanities/2/journal/journal-of-pragmatics/03782166/archive/30

http://www.educationarena.com/journalPromotions/mostDownloaded/classof2011/

Why not publish all submitted articles, ranked by reviewers/editors/committees/publishers perhaps

(rather like the 'recommended reading lists' that we issue to students?),

but all equally available for public attention and discussion?
best
Ramesh Krishnamurthy
Visiting Academic Fellow, School of Languages and Social Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET
Room: NX01. Tel: 0121-204-3812.
Director, ACORN (Aston Corpus Network project): http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/
Corpus Analyst:
(a) GeWiss (Volkswagen Foundation) project: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lss/research/research-projects/gewiss-spoken-academic-discourse/