[Corpora-List] Claim or Topic Identifier

Ning nyu.yuning at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 22:44:24 UTC 2012

Catherine Blake has done some nice research on claim identification from
scientific articles.
Her paper is linked from:
http://people.lis.illinois.edu/~clblake/research.htm

If there is open-source software available for claim identification, I
would also be interested in trying it out.
(However, my guess is that it has to be tweaked a lot in order to work for
your corpus.)

HTH,
 Ning

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Bob Kuhns <kuhns at rcn.com> wrote:

> I am looking for software that can take a document and identify portions
> of the text where a claim is being made. In addition, it would be useful if
> the software can mark pieces of the text where evidence for the claim is
> discussed. Does such technology exist or is it beyond the current state of
> the art?
>
> Any ideas are appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bob Kuhns

Ning Yu
Assistant Professor
College of Communications & Information Studies
University of Kentucky
http://ningyu.wikidot.com/