[Corpora-List] Working Latex package for typesetting dependency graphs?

Leon Derczynski leon at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Wed Jan 11 16:09:47 UTC 2012

Hi Adam,

Just yesterday I have  been wrestling a lot with tikz under Ubuntu
10.04. Unfortunately the Ubuntu tex package managment system is
somewhat "crippled", and version conflicts with various tex-related
packages have blocked a large part of tikz functionality. Removing the
Ubuntu latex packages completely and then updating to an independent
installation of texlive has fixed everything related to tkz-graph and
tkz-berge (roughly following
http://ubuntuguide.net/how-to-install-texlive-2010-on-ubuntu-10-10
using texlive 2011). I did also find that, in a few instances, the
example code was out of date, and one needed to find the right version
of example for the example to compile. Good luck!

All the best,

Leon

On 11 January 2012 15:43, Adam Radziszewski <kocikikut at gmail.com> wrote:
> [Apologies for semi-spam]
> Dear Corpora users,
> I've been trying for a couple of hours to find a *working* LaTEX package to
> produce simple dependency graphs. I'm sure many of you have already done it
> successfully, so I venture to ask for hints here.
>
> What I mean is a package tailored at drawing labelled arrows between words
> or blocks of text without having to learn a large general package like
> PSTricks or TIKZ.
> My best hit seemed tikz-dependency, unfortunately I can't compile even the
> simplest examples (TIKZ itself works perfectly on my side, that is texlive
> distribution on Ubuntu 10.04).
>
> I'll be grateful for any hints,
> Adam Radziszewski

Leon R A Derczynski