[Corpora-List] translating french determiners into other languages

Cyril Grouin cyril.grouin at limsi.fr
Sun Jan 22 11:46:00 UTC 2012

 Hi Margot,

 Perhaps you can use www.linguee.fr that provides parallel corpora for a
 given phrase. As an example, for "le moindre", Linguee highlights the
 following translations:
 - nul n'a jamais montré le moindre souci ... : Nobody anywhere gave a
 hoot ...
 - il ne fait pas le moindre effort pour atteindre ... : It does nothing
 to reach out ...
 etc.
 Nevertheless, it seems that all examples are negative ones.

 Linguee allows us to deal with following bidirectional languages
 combinations: english/french, english/spanish, english/portuguese,
 english/german.

 C.