[Corpora-List] semantic weight of leaf nodes in syntax trees ...

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Sun Jun 3 06:45:49 UTC 2012

G'day,

Fujita Sanae and I have done some work on this for Japanese:
@Article{Fujita:Bond:Tanaka:Oepen:2010,
  author =	 "Sanae Fujita and Francis Bond and Takaaki Tanaka and
                  Stephan Oepen",
  title =	 "Exploiting Semantic Information for {HPSG} Parse
                  Selection",
  journal =	 "Research on Language and Computation",
  year =	 2010,
  volume =	 8,
  number =	 1,
  pages =	 "1-22",
  url =		 "http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11168-010-9069-7",
  month =	 mar
}

Tim Baldwin and others have done some work recently for English, I
think this paper cites most of the recent work (that I know of):

The Effects of Semantic Annotations on Precision Parse Ranking
Andrew MacKinlay, Rebecca Dridan, Diana McCarthy and Timothy Baldwin
@InProceedings{mackinlay-EtAl:2012:STARSEM-SEMEVAL,
  author    = {MacKinlay, Andrew  and  Dridan, Rebecca  and  McCarthy,
Diana  and  Baldwin, Timothy},
  title     = {The Effects of Semantic Annotations on Precision Parse Ranking},
  booktitle = {{*SEM 2012}: The First Joint Conference on Lexical and
Computational Semantics -- Volume 1: Proceedings of the main
conference and the shared task, and Volume 2: Proceedings of the Sixth
International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation {(SemEval 2012)}},
  month     = {7-8 June},
  year      = {2012},
  address   = {Montr\'eal, Canada},
  publisher = {Association for Computational Linguistics},
  pages     = {228--236},
  url       = {http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/S12-1031}
}

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies