[Corpora-List] GATE Processing Resources for Dutch

Martin Reynaert reynaert at uvt.nl
Wed Oct 24 15:55:47 UTC 2012

Hi Ivelina,

At Tilburg University we have Frog (http://ilk.uvt.nl/frog/). It is the
de facto state-of-the-art tool for Dutch, for all the linguistic
analyses and annotations you require.

The new reference corpus (over 500 million words) of written Dutch -
SoNaR - (which will be free for research) has been linguistically
enriched by Frog.  Frog now also does Named Entity Labeling, in fact.

It is not in Java, it is in C++,  which enables far better performance.

These days, Frog comes packaged with Debian and Ubuntu.

Regards,

Martin