[Corpora-List] Quotable Statistics on Unstructured Data on the WWW

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Fri Dec 6 17:51:55 UTC 2013

On 6 Dec 2013, at 17:10, Stefan Bordag <bordag at exb.de> wrote:

> … Even using the best full text capable search engine you are never guaranteed to get the one information you were looking for, and only that information. …

As someone who worked in R&D and post-sales support of the world's best free text search engines (3rip and Trip) for nearly three decades I dispute that claim. If anything the claim is exactly the opposite that a database based on either relational theory is the one not guaranteed to return you the required information all other things being equal. However even if you're comparing a relational database to Google or some other pauper's full text system then I think you are still wrong.

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!